Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

snail mail



1//2//3//4

If you're like me, you eagerly check your mail box and hope for snail mail. More times then not, it's dumb direct marketing and mail for the old tenant. 

le sigh. 

I never get excited for emails (if you do, props to you), but I get oh-so-excited for pretty letters. There is something so old-fashioned and thoughtful about a handwritten card. I make any excuse to send a pretty card in the mail, in hopes it makes the recipient just as happy. 

Aren't the above thank you cards très jolie? I know the last one isn't thank you specific, but it was just too cute not to include. 

Merci beaucoup.

14 comments:

Andrea said...

You are so right, nowadays a hand written card has become something so special and I just love sending and receiving them. Even though I also have a soft spot for little post-it notes with a short 'thank you' or 'have a nice day' on them. ;)
Fuss-free and yet, it totally makes my day when I find these little gems in my apartment, left behind by my friends. :)
xo Andrea
Wonderful and Marvelous

Carly Haslee said...

Snail mail is my absolute favorite. I love receiving it and of course love writing it. Love all of your picks {but of course}!

Susan said...

Can number two and three just come to my desk? Love these! Thanks you notes are the best!

Unknown said...

Thank you notes are the best — and the ultimate form of politeness in this email-savvy world! Thanks for including the bow noteset from my boutique :) xx

Cardigans and Chai said...

Any excuse for pretty paper is a good excuse!

ashley nicole catherine said...

i loveeee thank you notes and pretty stationary! these are so cute! great picks :)

Unknown said...

I love sending thank you notes :)

Alessandra said...

Have you heard of Nicely Noted? Go look it up!

Anonymous said...

COULDN'T AGREE MORE. I love writing hand-written letters too so just sending them excites me! I'm obsessing over all these cards but especially the gold and white striped ;) Happy day, Julia!

Taylor said...

oooo I love getting cards in the mail :) bills + non-stop flyers from RCN and Comcast? not so much. love the bow card!

http://itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I think handwritten notes are the best! I seriously want all of these. But first I need someone to send me a gift. haha! xoxo

jessica // union shore said...

so true! handwritten notes and pretty stationary is the best!

Chris said...

I love mail. Just love it. I'll call on my way home and ask husband if I got anything. He thinks I have mail problems. I guess it's better than having male problems!

Grace (The Stripe) said...

Love these, especially the top left one!