Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, January 12, 2012

make it an occasion

Last weekend I was at Bloomingdale's and got the best deal on a silk Joie Blouse (see below), and I was so excited about it. If you're anything like me, you save special items for special occasions. I HATE wasting an outfit when the night/day turns out to be uneventful. Right?

Nothing worse.

Well, I was telling my friend I was saving my shirt (after she swooned over it), and she said:

"Don't wait for an occasion to wear an outfit, make an occasion to wear it!" 

Wait. Why hadn't I thought about that? SO true. Yesterday I decided to wear my blouse to work, and it was the perfect decision. My work attire is casual (perk of advertising), so I'm pretty lucky I'm not in a suit all day (i'd die).  Best part? It totally translated to an after work event with some of my favorite NYC bloggers (Tamra, Viv, Grace and Lindsay)!

I love that I didn't have a reason to wear it during the day, but that it ending up pairing perfectly with black skinnies for a fun Mexican Wine Tasting event in Chelsea (side note: rushed from work -- forgot the heels. darn).

Here is how I wore it (minus the Louboutins -- still saving for those bad boys).





How do you make an outfit go from work to evening?

9 comments:

Carly Haslee said...

Love this look! I want those bad boys too. And I think I need to go by this quote now especially for when I'm student teaching. Sometimes I may have to change from the work pants to skinny jeans and heels. It looked like last night was so fun! You all looked fabulous!

xoxo

Unknown said...

That top is perfect! So fun for work + definitely perfect for cocktails! Can't wait to hear about your get together, sounds like a blast!

Tamra {ever swoon} said...

Loved what you wore last night, the blouse was so pretty!! Perfect day to night wear. Had tons of fun darlin, we must do that again soon! xoxo

viv said...

That was the perfect outfit to go from day to night. You looked beautiful!

Kirsten Harr said...

I love that thought..I'll make it an occasion to wear EVERYthing :)

(Eileen) a creative day said...

Such a great find, and love how you styled it!

you need to come enter my giveaway, its for some gorgeous earrings that i really want for me! haha!

http://www.acreativedayblog.com/2012/01/song-dance-giveaway.html

Bud and Leo said...

I have that blouse too and LOVE it! And I agree- I hate wasting an outfit hahaha but you never know when the best nights will be so might as well listen to your friend :) xo

Tina said...

Love the outfit!! Cute blouse! Darling blog, xo xo xo tinabells

Liz - So Much to Smile About said...

Love this outfit! So perfect - and since I'm trying to add more color, this is just the inspiration I need!