Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, January 9, 2012

weekend recap: back in NYC

Happy Monday readers! I hope you all had as a fantastic weekend as I did. I enjoyed the freak 60 degree day on Saturday, and tackled several things off my to-do list.

Here is a little recap for ya:

Thursday night my friend had a free happy hour, and guess who was the bartender?!

GRAHAM from The Bachelorette/Bachelor Pad. And yes, he is JUST as sexy in person. And yes, I still watch every season religiously. Not even the least bit ashamed.


After a rough day at the office Friday, my girlfriends and I had a delish dinner at Penelope. If you're in NYC, I highly recommend this place.


Saturday I finally started my gym routine up again -- and it felt SO good. I do love Equinox -- feels like a spa. After that, my friend Liz and I walked to Jonathan Adler...I mean, we were a few blocks away, how could we resist? I fell in love with this blanket/bench. GORGEOUS.


I then made the BEST recreation of my favorite meal back home -- a Loretta Sandwich (sorry non Chicago/North Shore folks -- it's too hard to explain, but the recipe will come soon!) It tasted JUST like it. I nearly cried it was so good. And then I cried from the amount of calories I consumed. I worked out though, right?


I finally saw The Girl with Dragon Tattoo -- was anyone else annoyed with the ending?? Not my fave - but  good acting.

I cooked a delish feast of balsamic glazed pork chops, roasted brussel sprouts and Israeli couscous. I'm still drooling from it. No but really. Recipes coming soon!


Finally, to top off an amazing weekend, I decided where I was visiting while I'm in Europe next month...COPENHAGEN! I've heard nothing but amazing things about it, and the airfare was so reasonable, that I had to. I'm counting down the days until I'm back in France, and exploring Denmark for the first time! If you've been there, please tell me what we should do! 


xoxo

15 comments:

christin said...

Wanna hear something funny? I live across the street from a Jonathan Adler and I won't let myself go in. But onto more important things. I'll email you about knitting and please post recipies soon!

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

What a fun weekend! I love the Jonathan Adler store. He has such fun style. Copenhagen sounds amazing- you must tell us how it is! Denmark is def on my "places to visit" list. :)

XO,

Sam
www.ThePeakofTresChic.com

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

I neeeeeed that Loretta ASAP. It looks incredible. And I know I mentioned it but I am going to Copenhagen in the spring to visit my sister who is studying abroad there. Once she gets there in a couple weeks I'll ask her for recommendations to pass along!

Unknown said...

Sounds like the perfect weekend! I NEED a JA Chevon blanket and so very jealous your are headed to Europe in a few weeks. I've never been to Copenhagen but have heard amazing things. Happy Monday! xo

Ashley {styleash} said...

Such a fun weekend! I saw The Girl w/ the Dragon Tattoo this weekend as well (and just started reading the book)- the movie wasn't my favorite either. And don't worry, I still watch every episode of The Bachelor, too!

designchic said...

What a fun weekend and such a fun time to be living in NYC. Love anything Jonathan Adler!!

Jessie said...

I am so jealous of your trip. I would love to travel abroad once I build up some vacation time from work. Graham is my favorite! I still have a crush on him.

(Eileen) a creative day said...

Ahhh such a fun trip! I totally love Graham and would have died if i saw him! haha!

eileen
www.acreativedayblog.com

Madison said...

be careful with sarkis. i did that a few weeks ago and its so hard to stop eating them once you make them:) but not gonna lie, i don't hate it. best. thing. ever.

Tamra {ever swoon} said...

What a fun weekend, I haven't been to penelope in a while, but very delish! Were you at the JA in soho? I love that shop!

Copenhagen sounds incredibly amazing!

Clare C. Whitaker said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend and it looks like you had plenty of yummy eats-the meals look delicious! Thanks for sharing your weekend shots with us and Happy Monday!!
Toodles,
Twirling Clare
twirlingclare.blogspot.com

Karena said...

Julia I love those chevron throws at Jonathan Adler. Penelope's looks wonderful for dining.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, I was really impressed with the movie...the ending....I think they are just setting up for the sequel, The Girl Who Played with Fire!

xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena

Lesley Rials Napper said...

So wait, Graham is bartending these days? That's his new job? Good to hear he's just as cute in person- I loved him on both Bachelor and Bachelor Pad.

Sarina said...

OMG your blog is so cute!! Love that you are from the tri-state. The next time I go into the city, I'll def need to try Penelope! Looks fantastic!

xx
Sarina

mylittlesequindress.blogspot.com

Lauren {Stylized Existence} said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend! I was in NYC for the weekend and also got to enjoy the 60 degree weather on Saturday - it was absurd!