Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, May 14, 2012

weekend recap

Happy Monday!

I started out my weekend by going out with some of my besties. I still pinch myself that I can go out with them every weekend! So surreal that I'm back in Chicago. 


Saturday my brother cooked us all a southern feast. Pork, Ribs, Mac n' Cheese, Slaw. 

It. Was. Insane. (I'm dumb and didn't take pictures). 

I started off Mother's Day with a walk/run (let's be honest -- running isn't one of my strengths, but I'm trying). The weather was insane, and the lake was stunning. Definitely my favorite part about where I grew up. 


This house is for sale (for $3 million - EEK). Can I have it? Pretty please? 

We then went out to dinner at RPM - yes, for you reality TV junkies, this is Bill and Giuliana Rancic's new restaurant. I was skeptical because I'd heard mixed reviews, but honestly it was AMAZING. Everything I had was drool-worthy. Especially the dessert. 




yes, that is a ball of hazelnut ice cream with chocolate and crush hazelnuts on the outside. And a knife in the middle, ya know, because it was SO big. 

And, this weekend marked exactly one year since I graduated. Wow. Time really does go by way too quickly.



Have a good week! xo

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you managed a pretty good weekend! Chicago is on my top list of places I want to visit. Congrats on being in the "real world" a whole year! You made a cute little graduate haha!! Happy Monday, Julia!

Unknown said...

What a lovely weekend! See you tomorrow! :)

Jess said...

What a fun weekend! Southern food, a beautiful lake, and good times with family and friends are really some of the best things in life. Congrats on being out one year! Next year marks two years since I graduated. It's crazy to think about.

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

Waittttt that house is one of my all time favorites! Looks like a great weekend!

Jen said...

Sounds lovely! I've been wanting to try RPM -- that dessert definitely looks amazing!

viv said...

One year already?! Time flies by, huh? Can't wait to see you in a few short weeks!!!!

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

So glad to see you are loving being back in Chicago! Looks like you had a great weekend. Happy 1 year since graduation anniversary- LOL!

Lara {simply irresistible} said...

I'm happy to hear you liked RPM! I didn't love it but maybe it was just an off night - I'll need to give it another try.

Anonymous said...

Yum and yum!!! I'm so happy you are having such a great time in Chicago! xoxo Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

So glad I clicked over to your blog - so cute and I love my Chicago neighbors :) I just got a FB invite to my HS 10 year reunion and had to count on my fingers eighteen times to make sure that was right... so crazy how fast time flies, so congrats on the anniversary! Sounds like a great weekend... have yet to try RPM but glad to read your good review!

-L

Taylor said...

that dessert was my favorite part about RPM! so delicious! glad you had a good weekend :) and imagine looking back and thinking "oh my lord it's been 4 years...." it's so creepy! I'm not old enough to say that am I??!!

xo
http://itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

So fun! The food at RPM looks amazing! Need to get out to Chicago to enjoy a beautiful summer weekend!

bstylewise.blogspot.com

Alexa said...

Oooh can I move into that house with you???

Giovanna said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! That house is amazing! And jealous you got to go to Giuliana and Bill's restaurant! Too cool!

xx
Giovanna
www.oliveandanarrow.com