Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, April 19, 2012

baubles + work

Login to Pinterest, open any fashion magazine, or browse your favorite blog and chances are you'll find gorgeous statement necklaces, rings and various baubles.

But how can you wear them so they are work appropriate?

I've compiled three looks that blend baubles, fashion and sophistication. 

Look #1: For the corporate fashionista. 
You: ...work in a sea of black, like on Capitol Hill, and if you wear pink one might think you're the new Elle Woods. Fear not, there is a Bauble for you! 


Look #2: The casual worker bee
You: ...work in a casual environment, possibly advertising or marketing. You like to be on trend, but not too trendy that you cause a commotion. You like color, and try and steer clear of black.


Look #3: Anything goes!
You: ...aren't afraid to experiment. You like classic lines, and pops of color, but find yourself drawn to animalistic prints and flirty fashion.


Here's to happy shopping and finding the Bauble that's right for you and your lifestyle.

22 comments:

christin said...

I have the chambray in #2 and I'm wearing it to work today. If only I had some fab baubles...

viv said...

Looooove these outfits you've put together! I think #2 would be right for me :)

Stephanie Shepherd said...

These are all great looks! I tend to dress pretty corporate at work most days, so #1 is right up my alley. But I love look #2!

Caitlin C. said...

I love these looks! Baubles are SO fun and can really liven up any outfit. These are great!

Sheri Ann || Sprinkles and Style said...

Look #2 would be great for my work environment but I love them all!

Lauren {Stylized Existence} said...

Even though I couldn't wear #3 to work, it is definitely my favorite - I would wear definitely it on the weekend maybe styled a bit more casually work rolled up sleeves and a top knot! Love the choice of clothing and accessories... especially those tortoise flats... swoon!

Ashley {styleash} said...

Love look number 3! I really need to get more skirts in my life.

Anonymous said...

Too cute! A chambray button down or silky white blouse always make statement pieces pop the best, in my opinion!! Love! Happy day!

Jess said...

I definitely feel like I could easily wear any of these outfits. Thanks for piecing together several options ranging from casual to business formal! That helps those of us who have to work in a stuffy office environment most of the day.

Grace (The Stripe) said...

so cute! :)

Natalie said...

I love these ideas! I need to invest in some good statement necklaces.

Natalie said...

I love these ideas! I need to invest in some good statement necklaces.

One Stylish Day at a Time said...

Loving all the looks! Great picks.

pam {simple details} said...

Great inspiration, Julia! I NEED a new statement necklace!

Unknown said...

All of these looks are fabulous. I love the necklace in the first look, but I would be more likely to sport the overall looks in 2 or 3!

Taylor said...

ooo I love those leopard flats!! and the elle woods reference :) and all the baubles of course!!

http://itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com/

Taylor said...

okay wait... and i finally bought a chambray shirt yesterday but now I'm wondering if that madewell one is cuter..... damn!

http://itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com/

Amanda || Eclectic Snapshots said...

Love the looks you pulled together - look 2 is definitely perfect for me!

Allison @ In the Queen City said...

I actually wore an outfit almost exactly like your casual one today... necklace included!

daniela said...

love all these looks! my favorite is #3 but #1 would be more appropriate for my office

http://thegoldenavenue.blogspot.com

Lisa // Elembee, Etc said...

Great looks! I haven't really been into chambray, but I'm loving it in that outfit.

Julia Ryan said...

Life has been crazy busy lately so I'm just now catching up on my blog reads. I am sooo glad my babygirl is occupied in her high chair eating cheerios and watching barney right now because I'm loving all your posts I've missed lately!