Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, April 23, 2012

weekend recap//lately

Happy Monday!

This week will be insane. The movers have given me a window of 5 days to pick up my stuff which has me  packing like a crazy person enjoying my last week in NYC. 

I've been treating myself to great meals with friends, shopping and a little sight seeing. 

I had drinks on Stone Street - one of the oldest streets in NYC. So so cute -a must for any New Yorker.



I visited my favorite museum, the MoMA. I forgot they had some of Monet's waterlilies. Gorgeous. 


I sat at a cute cafe in the West Village and enjoyed the most beautiful latte. With Viv of course. 



Now to the weekend.

Friday I saw the new movie Darling Companion at the charming Paris Theater in NYC. I saw it at 12:30 in the afternoon, and was the only one under 75. It was amazing. Oh, and the movie was SOOO cute. Definitely a must see. 


Friday night I had a great night out, and completely ignored the fact that I'm moving. 

a girls night wouldn't be complete without Bitch wine.

Saturday I spent the day with Viv and enjoyed a delicious brunch and some shopping around the city. My search for the perfect pair of new sandals is still in progress. Stay tuned. Viv - why didn't we get a photo?! 

Sunday I spent the day with two of my friends from college. Brunch at Tipsy Parson + The Lucky One Zac Efron = perfect rainy day.


aren't those the cutest business cards?

I'm going to try my hardest to post this week, but I apologize in advance if I'm absent from the blogosphere. 

Packing + saying goodbyes = not my strongest skill.

20 comments:

Carly Haslee said...

Everything about this looks amazing. So glad you're enjoying your last weeks in NYC. So bittersweet because you know I can't wait to have you back in the MidBEST. Ya that happened. I actually typed that.

Unknown said...

What a lovely weekend! And I am seriously dying to see the Lucky One, I think I am going to go to a matinee on my "lunch break" this week :) You're almost home!! :)

viv said...

Whyyyy didn't we get a picture? I carried around that heavy camera and never took it out. UGH! Again. I'm going to miss youuuuuu!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your move, Julia! I know you're sad to leave NYC but it can only mean great things to come in your future ;)

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

So glad you are taking full advantage of your last week in NYC, don't worry about us bloggers! We know you'll be back. xo

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Love Tipsy Parson! I almost went there Saturday night actually :)

Good luck getting it all done!

Katrine - make it and fake it said...

Sounds like a great time! Did you have as much fun as it looks? :)
hope so! have a great week

love K

Natalie said...

Looks like such a perfect weekend! Adding Stone Street to our list of things to do when we're in the city. Good luck moving this week -- we are in the same boat!

ashley nicole catherine said...

what a fabulous weekend! so glad you're enjoying you last few days in town! good luck packing! xo

Unknown said...

This is how life should be all the time! I'm sooo excited about getting to the MOMA, I can't even tell you!

Lara {simply irresistible} said...

Looks like such a fun weekend - lots of yummy meals in there! You look so cute in that first picture, loving the nails!

Caitlin said...

what a wonderful weekend. I've wanted to go to the Paris movie theater SO badly ever since seeing it on a SATC episode. le sigh.

Alexa said...

Aww good luck with everything my friend! Love your photos!

Taylor said...

nyc always has the best brunch places!! i need to pick up a case of that bitch wine strictly for the label alone (which is pretty much how I pick all wines anyway!). looks like you are having an amazing final few days!

http://itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com/

Grace (The Stripe) said...

Looks like a pretty great week. Best of luck moving - so exciting!!

Jess said...

Good luck moving! It looks like you've been striking things off your NYC bucket list, though—and who knows when you might move back, anyway. :) Always plenty of time for us twenty-somethings.

Anonymous said...

Awesome blog. Thanks for sharing. Good Luck with the move.

Purdy

Shanelé said...

sounds like the perfect second to last weekend! I cant believe your moving and we never got to hang out=( I have a very strong feeling we'll be able to do so some day in Chicago (i would definitely like to be back there in another year or so -- just haven't really broached that topic w/ the boy yet).

Once things settle down for you would love to catch up and will obviously be in touch via the blogosphere.

Much love and good luck!

xo

Meera said...

Good luck with the moving! It sounds like you had an absolutely lovely time, and you'll have so many lovely memories, too. Amazing pictures!
Love your blog! Hope you stop by mine.

xoxo
Meera

Lisa // Elembee, Etc said...

Good luck with packing, and hope you enjoy your last week in NYC!