Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

balsamic glazed pork chops

Even though I have a tiny kitchen, with no dishwasher (brutal) I still make time to cook delicious meals. Most recently I made the most outrageous Balsamic Glazed Pork Chops that I just had to share the recipe with you all.

They are SUPER easy to make, and are officially on my go-to list of quick and easy recipes.

Shopping List

  1. Center-cut pork chops (about 3/4 inch thick)
  2. Salt
  3. Pepper
  4. 2 tablespoons olive oil
  5. 8 small shallots - quartered and peeled
  6. 2/3 cup high quality balsamic vinegar
  7. 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
(I made these with pearled couscous and roasted brussel sprouts)

Preparation
  • Pat pork dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides
  • Heat oil in a heavy skillet over medium/high heat until hot but not smoking
  • Cook the pork along with the shallots until pork is browned and shallots are golden brown
  • Transfer pork to plate 
  • Add vinegar and sugar to the pan with the shallots and cook until the sugar dissolves
  • Reduce heat and add the pork back to the skillet and cook all the way through
  • Once pork is cooked, transfer back to plate and continue to cook the sauce until thicker
  • Pour sauce over the pork and enjoy :-)
I don't have pictures of each step, but I do have pictures of the final product. I was never much of a pork person until this recipe, and now I can't get enough.




14 comments:

Lauren {Stylized Existence} said...

Yum! If you're a fan of this, you should try Emeril's recipe for rosemary-balsamic glazed lamb chops. I made them for my boyfriend's birthday last year and they were absurdly good. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Yum! My bf would love these.

Cara {An Urban Cottage} said...

These look delicious ... and so do the brussel sprouts!

viv said...

Omg, you must invite me over when you make these! ;)

Anonymous said...

Yum! Looks delicious :)

Hannah said...

Seriously, this looks bomb. And it's not super intimidating either, I'm definitely trying it!

Its Official said...

OMG looks amazing! So does the bacon loretta with cheesy hash!!

Alexa said...

Oh wow...looks amazing! :)

Jackie said...

Mmm sounds so good! I love quick and easy recipes, and pork chops are delicious. Haven't had them in forever.

ashley nicole catherine said...

eep these look amazing!!

erica said...

Yum! These look amazing. I definitely need to give them a try! xo

Liz - So Much to Smile About said...

This looks delicious! I'm always looking to try new recipes and I'll totally have to give this one a shot!

Carly Haslee said...

I need to make these ASAP! This meal looks fantastic, and hats off to you for hand washing the dishes!

Drew {Coral Cafe} said...

this dinner looks absolutely amazing!! speaking of, I need to go eat some!