Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, January 19, 2012

yummiest most unhealthy recipe

Proceed with caution: the following recipe will be the most delicious thing you've EVER tasted, but will be enough calories for about a week.

If you're still reading, and you want to enjoy a serious treat, I bring you my own version of the Cafe Sarkis Loretta Sandwich. 

What? English please?

Okay okay. There is this tiny hole-in-the-wall breakfast spot near Chicago that I grew up (in high school/college) going to with friends (usually hungover). We would get the same thing every time - a bacon loretta with cheesy hash. I can't explain why it's so good, it just is. 

Since I now live in NYC, I decided it was time to recreate this recipe. And to my surprise, it tasted JUST like it. 

Here is the recipe -- super easy.

Ingredients
  • Bacon
  • Onion
  • Green Pepper
  • Tomato (seeds removed)
  • Provolone Cheese
  • Bread Roll of Choice
  • Lawry's Seasoning Salt
  • Hash Browned Potatoes 
Steps
  1. Chop up all veggies and set aside
  2. Cook bacon as usual, and set aside
  3. Remove bacon and cook the veggies in the same pan
  4. Remove veggies
  5. Add bacon back to pan, and place cheese over the top to melt
  6. Cook hash browns as usual and add cheese at the end 
  7. Toast roll
  8. Place the cheese/bacon combo on the bread, and pour the veggies over
  9. Sprinkle a hefty amount of Lawry's over the entire thing, and enjoy!
Easy right?

Here are some photos to inspire you. 





Also, check out a fave blog of mine, So Much To Smile About for some more amazing Old Navy finds -- I swear this place changed design teams. 

23 comments:

christin said...

Julia, do we need to talk? You grew up going to this place mostly hungover? I'm concerned.

However, I am not concerned about the caloric count in this bad boy and may very well make it the next time I am hungover. I might also live on the edge and throw some eggs in there for good measure.

viv said...

I mean, perfect hangover food! This looks to die for!

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

I neeeeeed this right now

Courtney said...

i don't care if this is bad for me. i want it now! yum

Madison Niemann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Madison said...

you forgot the mayo...the most healthy part ;)

Tamra {ever swoon} said...

Love the caution at first, but you know I like to walk on the wild side, i'm trying it!

Jackie said...

Yum that looks so good! Never had anything like that but I'd love to try it. Like, immediately.

Outside Looking In said...

Thank you for posting this--I thank you but my waistline and hips do not. I LOVE bacon so this just might be my treat this weekend!

www.wayoutsidelookingin.blogspot.com

Alexa said...

Oh wow. I don't care how unhealthy it is. Looks amazing.

Minted Magazine said...

Oh! Looks so yummy and comforting especially since it's so cold!



Minted Magazine

mintedmag.com

Carly Haslee said...

This has all of my favorite foods in one dish. YES please.

Shanelé said...

omgomgomg how did i miss this post?!?! Every once in a while i get these WICKED sarkis cravings. I used to go with my ex-bf ALL the time (by his house). One time there was part of a rubber glove in his sandwich...which you would think would prevent us from every going back but no. DEFINITELY making this. Thanks for sharing!!
xoxox

Unknown said...

Nothing like waking up on a Sunday morning and having the most random craving for a bacon Loretta and making it happen before a baptism. My friend, I thank you for this recipe

Jaclyn said...

The cheese they use is a white brick cheese

Crickets Chirping said...

According to an expert in my family, they don't cook the veggies at all at Sarkis...either way is fine.

David vs. Stephanie said...

Yea the veggies are put in a large lawry's container and thrown in at the end. This guy forgot the mayo as well as softening the bread with a turano's roll, rookie move my friend.

Unknown said...

coach outlet
louis vuitton outlet stores
coach outlet clearance
ferragamo shoes
mac cosmetics sale
cheap jordan shoes
football shirts
coach outlet
michael kors outlet
ferragamo shoes sale
ugg uk outlet
ralph lauren uk
true religion uk
coach outlet canada
calvin klein outlet
lacoste shirts
cheap nfl jerseys
longchamp
nike trainers uk
hollister
michael kors outlet clearance
links of london
michael kors outlet
kate spade uk
louboutin pas cher
uggs outlet
michael kors outlet
asics,asics israel,asics shoes,asics running shoes,asics israel,asics gel,asics running,asics gel nimbus,asics gel kayano
air jordan 11
ralph lauren polo
celine outlet online
louis vuitton handbags
louboutin pas cher
tods outlet
fitflops clearance
ugg clearance
beats headphones
0805jianxiang

raybanoutlet001 said...

oakley sunglasses
hogan outlet online
michael kors outlet online
ralph lauren online,cheap ralph lauren
true religion jeans wholesale
michael kors handbags clearance
cheap oakleys
nike huarache
adidas nmd
jordans for cheap
nfl jerseys wholesale
cheap air jordan
kobe bryant shoes
cheap oakley sunglasses
cheap authentic jordans
fitflops sale clearance
chrome hearts
adidas yeezy uk
tiffany and co outlet
michael kors outlet
ugg outlet
nfl jerseys from china
fitflops outlet
kobe shoes
true religion outlet
adidas tubular
michael kors purses
yeezy boost 350

Anonymous said...

I call SHENANIGANS!! No where on your list does it say anything about mayo. Mayo is key. Especially when it is put on. Nor does it say anything about a side of the "secret" hot sauce. Your post angers me!

Unknown said...

Its waconsin mozz for cheese, and the salt can be any celery salt...chef from wilmette that spent a ton of time on this subject....most important part is having a lid for the pan and some water to steam the cheese on the bacon and the hash....get at me if ya meed disaster sausage info too

Unknown said...

Wisconsin not whatever i accidently typed up there

Unknown said...

converse shoes and
michael kors handbags sale download.
michael kors handbags The
new balance shoes party
dallas cowboys jersey random
omega watches for sale I
armani exchange THESE
cheap jordans The
the north face outlet and
bears jerseys was