Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

apartment help: something green/floral/alive?

While I was back home in Chicago, I was able to see the wonderful Danielle, and I fell in love with her apartment. Seriously. It is so cozy and welcoming, and her pup is beyond precious. She recently remodeled her entryway, and she had one item that had me drooling.

What you ask?

Tree branches.

Yes, tree branches. She had a tall cylinder glass with even taller brown tree branches in various sizes. Why was I drooling? Because I've desperately been trying to find something "living" to put in my apartment. I have a serious aversion to ugly office type green plants that look generic and unwelcoming. 

Gross.


I try and buy flowers at least once every two weeks, and put them in my bedroom, and on my coffee table. Like so...


However, I want something that is more low maintenance, like Danielle's branches. 

This is where I need your help. Any recommendations on how to add a living element to my NYC apartment? Here is some current inspiration. 

Branches Inspiration






Flower inspiration -- because they do look so pretty.



 


Fake flowers? Not completely sold on the idea yet. Any recommendations for how to use them?



I think for now I'm hung up on incorporating branches into my place...somewhere. 

Also, don't forget to enter my Heartfish Press giveaway -- winner will be announced Friday! 

15 comments:

christin said...

Get some succulents or something. Those bad boys are SO low maintenance it isn't even funny!

Kirsten Harr said...

I love the tree branches--I think they'll look great in your apartment!

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

Succulents are a great idea, so low maintenance and add a perfect bit of green. Also love the idea of branches. Adds good height.

Unknown said...

Agree with Alex, both are lovely options! Bummed I missed your get together with Danielle, next time! :)

Freckles and the Golden Goose said...

Love the branches but bright flowers are always great too. Hit up a crafty store for inspiration too :)

Unknown said...

Branches...genius! I know what you mean, sometimes plants just don't look so chic. Sad! And flowers can get pricey. Love the look of the branches in the various cylinders! Even one or a pair would be so cool.

Hannah said...

I love tree branches right now! I'm thinking a tall floor-vase with a skinny mouth and tree branches sticking out of it. Keep us posted on what you decide :) xo

Ana said...

Love all these pretty inspiration! I'm not very keen on fake flowers either.

emily rose said...

Succulents can be really nice as suggested and you can place them in very interesting dishes. I have typical houseplants from Ikea but I've tried to place them in pretty pots. Found objects like vintage milk crates look great too!

One Stylish Day at a Time said...

Get a rubber tree! They resemble more of a dark green shiny bush than a tree but they're super hardy. Good luck and whatever you do, don't try your hand at an Orchid! I can never make those things stay alive.

Carly {a simple affair} said...

The branches are a great idea. I got a vase with something pre-planted from Anthropologie that I love (clearly I do not have a green thumb)! For as much as I don't water it, the plant still looks great. It can't hurt to check your Anthro out. And it was only like $25 for the vase + plant.

xoxo

Tamra {ever swoon} said...

I would love to put a tree in my apartment! But bella might eat it, I would stick to flowers. I absolutely love the inspiration you have!! saving this! I really need to redecorate and upgrade the decor in my apt! thanks for the motivation! x

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to try some of these comments as well, I definitely do not have a green thumb!

raybanoutlet001 said...

oakley sunglasses
hogan outlet online
michael kors outlet online
ralph lauren online,cheap ralph lauren
true religion jeans wholesale
michael kors handbags clearance
cheap oakleys
nike huarache
adidas nmd
jordans for cheap
nfl jerseys wholesale
cheap air jordan
kobe bryant shoes
cheap oakley sunglasses
cheap authentic jordans
fitflops sale clearance
chrome hearts
adidas yeezy uk
tiffany and co outlet
michael kors outlet
ugg outlet
nfl jerseys from china
fitflops outlet
kobe shoes
true religion outlet
adidas tubular
michael kors purses
yeezy boost 350

Unknown said...

michael kors purse
fitflops sale clearance
canada goose outlet
ugg boots sale
true religion jeans outlet
michael kors handbags clearance
louboutin shoes
yeezy shoes
cheap ugg boots
polo ralph lauren
zhi20161209