Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

{guest post}: table styling

Today I'm excited to introduce you all to another one of my best friends (yes I'm biased, but their blogs are FAB). Madison has the most impeccable taste, and I envy her eye for style. She works as a wedding planner in Chicago (even more jealous), and is constantly surrounded by beautiful pictures so I knew she was the perfect person to get table decorating advice from.

Hi all, it's Madison from The White Ruffle and I am so excited to be here today sharing some lovely table decorating ideas with you all! First off, Julia has been one of my best friends for years now, and I feel very honored that she has asked me to give her some decorating ideas! I mean come on- we all can clearly see that she has impeccable taste, I only hope these ideas below are worthy of her stamp of approval (they totally are - I'm drooling, JR) 

Julia's apartment is adorable (we have all seen pictures) but she has one space that needs a little something extra. Her kitchen table...an area where you eat, entertain, do work and relax. How can one space that fullfills all of those activities have one decorating idea? The truth is, I couldn't narrow it down to just one, so here are a few ideas for her to work with:

Table Decor 101

1. Fresh Flowers...easy peasy, simple idea, yet always beautiful

2. Dolie Runner! I found this wonderful DIY idea here at Style Me Pretty and fell in love! Plus I am a huge fan of white on white...I will have to test this out soon and let you know how it goes.

3. If you love the white but want to spice up the actual table, I think that paint is always a great option! I am a huge fan of chevron stripes and think that some light gray tones would be a beautiful pattern on a simple white table top. Here is a step by step DIY guide for painting chevron stripes.

4. Beautiful place mats found here!



 Hope you all found some of these ideas inspirational and helpful! Thank you Julia for letting me share!

xox,

madison 
from the white ruffle

Thank you Madi!! I need to get my hands on ALL of these items, like right now! xo

19 comments:

christin said...

Ok, so in your EXPERT opinion how can I fix my blah black kitchen table? I kinda want to sand it down and spray paint that bad boy silver. Thoughts???

viv said...

So fun! I love the runner.
Going over to check out Madison's blog now :)

Unknown said...

This table is gorgeous! I was just introduced to Madison last week on TTS! Such a cute blog.

Hannah said...

I just found your blog through another follower and it is so cute! I am your newest follower. ;) Your guest posts are tons of fun to read. I'm a huge Hart of Dixie and Rachel Bilson fan. And this wedding planning post is right up my alley. Love!

XO,
Hannah
www.hannahandbryan.blogspot.com

One Stylish Day at a Time said...

So cute! Definitely good ways to update a table. I just love your table Julia - I'm working on switching out my black Parsons chairs for ghost chairs like yours.

Mandy said...

Love this! Looks like a romantic, classy table. Huge fan of ghost chairs in the kitchen.

Mandy
The Klury Report & Kini Style

Unknown said...

Great table! I love the ghost chairs!

ashley nicole catherine said...

ahh love this!! those placemats are gorgeous! xo

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

I adore anthropologie candles! Great advice!

Xo,

Sam
Www.ThePeakofTresChic.com

Madison said...

Thank you Julia for having me!!

Ashley {styleash} said...

Love those Anthropologie candles! So fun!

Taylor said...

Love the place mats + Anthro candles! And I wish I was crafty enough to make a chevron table!

Tamra {ever swoon} said...

Ghost chairs!! Love them!

Carly Haslee said...

Loving the link to the DIY chevron striped table. While I love chevron, I don't think you can go wrong with a crisp, white table paired with some pretty candles and pastels.

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of painting the table top in chevron! That would be such a lovely place to eat breakfast in the morning — so cheery!

p-l-a-i-d said...

Just found your site from The White Ruffle blog and just became a new follower! Love #4 place mats!

Anonymous said...

Ok that doily runner and chevron DIY's are awesome!! AND I am obsessed with the capiz placemats!! Those could spruce up any table!!! xoxox

Karlita said...

loved this suggestions!!! thanks for the introduction to your friend!

geausleyt said...

Get More Infoclick for more navigate to this websitethe original source newscheck this link right here now