Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, January 20, 2012

{guest post}: imitate a style icon

Today I hand over my blog to one of my bestest friends in the entire world - Courtney! She just started blogging (apparently after being inspired by me -- love you!), and I'm obsessed with everything she has posted thus far. I wanted to show her a little blog love, so I decided to kick off the weekend with her first guest post (which she totally rocked). 


Sidenote: she is my go-to person for ALL things Chicago -- best restaurants, best bars, worst bars (to avoid), best shopping etc. I encourage ALL my Chicago bloggers to read her blog daily -- I know you'll find something new to do/try every day. 

Hi Everyone! Courtney from Courtney On The Rocks here! I'm so excited to be guest blogging on The Urban Slant today. Julia is one of my best friends and is actually the motivation behind Courtney On The Rocks because she made blogging look so great!

I am a sucker for a great casual outfit and there is one celebrity that knows how to rock the casual look better than anyone, Rachel Bilson. Every outfit I see her in always looks fabulous, trendy, and completely effortless. I am now even more obsessed with her after seeing these two fantastic and hilarious videos!





I hope you enjoyed those as much as I did! Now, moving on to try and replicate her flawless, casual style. 

Blazer: Topshop. Shirt: MyTheresa. Shoes: ASOS. Bag: Rebecca Minkoff Mini Mac Clutch.

If only I lived in warmer weather. I love pairing the blazer with boyfriend jeans! 



Cardigan: Topshop. Tank Top: Jades24. Sunglasses: Marc by Marc Jacobs.
Shorts: Topshop. Shoes: Marc Fisher

Perfect for summer. She makes shorts, a cardigan, and a tank top look amazing! 

Thank you for the outfit inspiration Court, (I miss you -- get your butt to NYC!) I wish I didn't put a stop to my shopping, or I'd be scooping up these looks. Be sure to check out her blog for daily foodie/restaurant picks (for all you Chi-town bloggers), DIY goodies, fashion and everything in between. I know I'm totally biased because we're besties, but seriously -- this girl knows what's up! 

Happy Friday everyone! xo

16 comments:

Carly Haslee said...

Happy to be Courtney's newest follower and pretend like I live in Chicago with everyone else! Oh how I love Rachel. I think I watch Heart of Dixie half just to see what she's wearing. I've never seen jean shorts and a cardigan look so good. So jealous. Welcome to the blogosphere!! xo

Shanelé said...

ohh la la. love this and can already tell I'm going to be a fan of your friend Courtney's style!

xo
http://shanelesheek.blogspot.com/

viv said...

Love these casual looks! Heading over to Courtney's now ;)
fashiontruffles.blogspot.com

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

Absolutely obsessed with Rachel Bilson, she was my inspiration for my wedding makeup :) Going to check out Courtney's blog now. Sounds right up my alley!

Taylor said...

Haha I posted the Rachel Bilson video today too! I love her so much - she looks so amazing in everything she wears!
http://itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Rachel is sooo sooo cute!! Thanks for the introduction to Courtney's blog!! heading there now! xoxo

Traci said...

Thanks for introducing me to her blog! Very excited to check it out:)

Traci
www.confessionsofaprofessionalbridesmaid.blogspot.com

alyssa said...

i absolutely adore rachel bilson! good pick :)

xx
alyssa
we're au courant

divine lifestyle said...

I like that black bag...

Lauren and Julie said...

So cute!!! Love that first look. Can't go wrong with boyfriend jeans. XO

natasha {schue love} said...

Love Rachel Bilson's effortless style! The first look is one I want to copy right away! :)

Bud and Leo said...

Rachel's style is amazinggg; she rocks the perfect boyfriend jean! Going to check out her blog now... :)

Unknown said...

I like Rachel's style so much! She's so petite than it seems all she wears looks absolutely fabulous on her. Her taste for bags and shoes is amazing :)

Isabel x

"I" is for Isabel

withloveyolie said...

love her looks:)

John said...

nike roshe run
michael kors outlet clearance
adidas originals
tiffany and co
nike free run
gucci handbags
retro jordans
fitflops
kd shoes
ray-ban sunglasses
abercrombie
cheap ugg boots
uggs clearance
canada goose
cheap nfl jerseys
canada goose outlet
louis vuitton
michael kors outlet
canada goose jackets
toms shoes
ugg boots on sale
louis vuitton outlet
louis vuitton outlet
louis vuitton
oakley sunglasses
nike air force 1
20151204yuanyuan

Unknown said...

true religion jeans sale could
nba jerseys post
chargers jerseys of
michael kors outlet post
michael kors outlet store drawing.
cheap nhl jerseys Friday
christian louboutin shoes this
cheap jordan shoes my
boston celtics We
replica watches items!