Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

winter essentials

Now that NYC has seen temperatures below freezing (ick), I'm stocking up on my favorite winter beauty products. My skin gets SUPER dry in the winter, and I find myself constantly reapplying moisturizer. I always carry hand lotion on me, as well as Kleenex (let's be honest -- dripping noses are NOT cute).

Here are some other beauty products that I urge you all to try. They are my go-to products, and I swear by each of them.


  1. Chanel Base Lumière -- provides an excellent base for all your make up products. 
  2. Kiehl's Hand Salve -- the best hand lotion that I've found. I've used it for years.
  3. Kate Spade Makeup bag (similar) -- obviously you have to store your products in a cute bag.
  4. Kai Body Butter -- a cream that hydrates all day and smells divine.
  5. Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturizer -- lightweight formula that hydrates immediately.
  6. Amika Oil Treatment -- tames your fly-aways, and gives your hair a non-oily shine.
  7. Malin+Goetz Lip Moisturizer -- I have this everywhere. Next to my bed, in my purse, at my desk. Super glossy and hydrating.
  8. Kleenex
  9. Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara in Noir Intense -- the ONLY mascara I will wear. 

Happy shopping!

14 comments:

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

I love getting other people's product recommendations. I am definitely adding these to my must try list.

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

I am a huge fan of Kiehl's- their stuff is just amazing beyond belief. You can never go wrong with Chanel, either! Love your finds dear.

XO,

Sam
www.ThePeakofTresChic.com

Ashley {styleash} said...

Oo excited to try the Malin + Goetz Lip Mosturizer- I use Rosebud Salve right now & am looking for a change. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

I love posts like this! I am so bad about products and always appreciate advice on new brands! Kiehl's is my favorite for everything, and must try the Chanel mascara!

Unknown said...

Great reccomendations! I love all things Kiehls!

viv said...

Oooh I must try the Kai lotion! I'm obsessed with body lotions that smell divine and do their job ;)

Tamra {ever swoon} said...

I love that Chanel base and all things Kiehls! Haven't tried the Kai though, thanks for the introduction!

(Eileen) a creative day said...

I want them all!!

xoxo
eileen
www.acreativedayblog.com

Meredith said...

I. want. it. all. - I am dying for that Chanel makeup base!

Anonymous said...

I definitely need to try that Malin+Goetz — it seems I'm always fighting dry lips!

Hannah said...

I love the amika oil treatment! I have thin hair and it doesn't make it greasy at all! And you've convinced me that I NEED a Kate Spade makeup bag! Haha. xo

Unknown said...

Yes! I have the Malin+Goetz and I love it! Also Aquafor has been really good to my hands. Although I have to admit I can't really complain as i live in the LA area. It gets dry here, ok?! ;o)

One Stylish Day at a Time said...

I get really dry skin in the winter too and this is my first winter with a Clairisonic and it has made a ton of difference! My moisturizer seems to absorb much better.

Anonymous said...

Really like your blog!! And this post is great, I want to try that Chanel Base. :)