Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

C'est la Vie



In honor of Travel Tuesday, and my favorite blogger/childhood neighbor Alex over at Things That Sparkle I dedicate today's Travel Tuesday to her upcoming Paris jet-set.

I was fortunate enough to have lived in the city of light for four months during my Junior year of college -- c'était parfait. I fell in love with the winding cobblestone streets, the corner crêperies, and the food. Oh the food. I could dedicate an entire post to the food...which, I probably will do in the near future.

For now, I bring you an off the beaten path version of my city. From shopping to eating, these are things you MUST do à Paris. Allons-y!




1. Ekyog - amazing "organique" boutique with the comfiest knits you'll find anywhere.

2. Diwali - scarves, scarves and more scarves. Need I say more?

3. Art Macaron - hands down the BEST macarons I've ever had. Better than, yes, Ladurée, and Pierre Hermé. Seriously.

4. Le Relais de l'Entrecôte - steak frites with a super secret sauce recipe that will have you satiated for days.

5. Le Soufflé - an entire restaurant devoted to a Parisian specialty - soufflé. You'd be a fool to not try the chocolate dessert soufflé. C'est magnifique!

6. Musée de Carnavalet - an ancient Hotel Particulaire in Le Marais. Best part? C'est gratuit (it's free!)

7. Place du Tertre - the old artistes square in Montmartre with breathtaking views of the city, amazing coffee shops and that certain je ne sais quoi!

8. Cemetaire de Père Lachaise - one of the most beautiful parks/cemetaries. Even cemetaries in Paris are beautiful. And, if you're a history buff like me, you'll find several of your favorite writers and musicians resting peacefully here.

Bon voyage!