Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, October 10, 2011

Falling in Love...

For those of you who know me well, you know that fall is my absolute favorite season. I dream of cool days, hues of red and orange, comfy sweaters and any excuse for 2 lattes a day. Well, this past weekend it was WAY too hot for my liking - highs near the 80s. But, I didn't let that get me down, and had the most amazing NYC weekend.

Saturday I finally ventured to the Brooklyn Flea. It has been on my bucket list since I moved here, but unfortunately, I wasn't as blown away as I expected. I did however satisfy my current obsession with tusks, yes like an elephant tusk, and I bought a super cute one for my newly built leaning shelf (pictures to come in future blog post).

What I wasn't expecting at the Flea was insane amounts of food. My friend Dani told me I had to have a "cemita" - essentially a mexican sandwich the size of my head. WOA. Note: I only consumed half to save room for dessert.



Mexican Cemita



View of the Brooklyn Flea

Sunday morning I indulged in brunch at Cafe Orlin in the East Village. I wish I had a picture of the pumpkin pancakes because they were out of control good. I felt so productive this weekend and even though it was blazing hot, I still love NYC.



Fresh flowers I picked up -- notice the Missoni for Target mug?

No comments: