Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, October 24, 2011

She said YES!



After MONTHS of secrets, my brother FINALLY proposed to his amazing girlfriend! We all knew it was coming, and it was nearly impossible to keep the secret. He took her to Beaver Creek and proposed after a 2 hour hike. Awe. He then had a private cabin in the mountains with champagne and a catered lunch by the Ritz. Are you crying yet? I am.

Well, after the surprise engagement, he continued to surprise her by flying out my parents and hers. Tears? You bet.

THEN, to top it all off, my sister and I, and her two brothers flew out Friday morning to continue the surprises. I think her knees are still weak, and it's Monday. She is the most amazing person, and I'm SO excited to get another big sister.

We had the most amazing weekend at the Ritz Carlton (lucky me!) and now I'm back to work, but feeling very blessed and refreshed.

Here are some pictures of my perfectly fall, mountain weekend getaway.

Vail Village -- reminded me of my trip to Interlaken, Switzerland



My Dad and I did not pack the right shoes for the spa -- but my sister did.



Engagement celebration dinner at Kelly Liken -- Top Chef finalist.



She made a custom menu -- amazing.



First course -- arugula and pear salad.



Dinner -- gypsum beef with bbq tomatoes and other goodness. woa.



Dessert -- her famous sticky bun sundae w/ homemade cotton candy. HOLY MOLY.




And here is what the puppy was doing back home in Chicago. Silly dog.






Happy Monday!

8 comments:

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

Aw so exciting!!

natasha {schue love} said...

What an amazing weekend! Your brother is such a romantic! I'm sure the wedding will be stunning!

Jackie said...

AAWW...and I am so excited to get you and Sara as my sisters! Love you so much!

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

How exciting! Your brother sounds so sweet and romantic! Too cute!

Enter to win a gold bow necklace from Olive Yew here!

HmphBeautyy said...

awww that pup is adorable, that must be so exciting for them! congrats to them!!

I followed!

xx

Courtney said...

I stumbled across your blog and I find out your Ted's sister. Small World! Jackie and I are friends from high school. I couldn't be more excited about their engagement.

Julia - the Urban Slant said...

@courtney -- such a small world! I'll have to tell Jackie!

Unknown said...

coach outlet
louis vuitton outlet stores
coach outlet clearance
ferragamo shoes
mac cosmetics sale
cheap jordan shoes
football shirts
coach outlet
michael kors outlet
ferragamo shoes sale
ugg uk outlet
ralph lauren uk
true religion uk
coach outlet canada
calvin klein outlet
lacoste shirts
cheap nfl jerseys
longchamp
nike trainers uk
hollister
michael kors outlet clearance
links of london
michael kors outlet
kate spade uk
louboutin pas cher
uggs outlet
michael kors outlet
asics,asics israel,asics shoes,asics running shoes,asics israel,asics gel,asics running,asics gel nimbus,asics gel kayano
air jordan 11
ralph lauren polo
celine outlet online
louis vuitton handbags
louboutin pas cher
tods outlet
fitflops clearance
ugg clearance
beats headphones
0805jianxiang