Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, February 9, 2012

"exercise gives you endorphins, endorphins make you happy...

...happy people just don't shoot their husbands!" - Elle Woods

Only the best quote from Legally Blonde to start off this post on healthy living. 

The winter blues have officially hit, and so far, I'm defeating them!  Wait what?! Yes. I'm currently writing this post on a serious endorphin high and I couldn't be happier. I've gotten into such a good routine (as of the past two weeks...but who's counting), that I wanted to share some of my favorite tips. I'm not one to preach a good workout/heating healthy routine, because let's be honest, I have been known to devour a plate of french fries in seconds. Buttttttt, I have done some minor tweaks to my routine, and I think they're easy enough for anyone to do. 

Healthy Living

  1. Bring your lunch every day - saves you SO much money (my friend calculated how much money a year you spend on lunch if you buy it everyday, $3,120! NOT OKAY) and you can control how much you eat, and what goes in your lunch because YOU are making it.
  2. Keep healthy snacks at your desk and AVOID the candy jar - if you're like me, you get hungry in the afternoon and the candy jar starts staring you down. Keep healthy options like carrots, almonds and granola bars at your desk to curb your cravings and keep you full. And, we all have the co-worker who has the candy jar -- avoid at all costs. It's all down hill from there.
  3. Walk when you can - it's very easy to take elevators, cabs, subways etc. They're convenient and get you there faster. However, if you plan accordingly and have the time, you'll burn a few extra cals by walking.
Exercise Tips
  1. Find a buddy - it's so much easier to get motivated when you have a friend to work out with. And they can push you to go that extra mile when you want to give up.
  2. USE your gym membership - I know I'm guilty of paying hundreds of dollars a year for a nice gym, and fall into patterns of only using it a few times a week. Use what you pay for -- the gym is your friend, not your enemy :-)
  3. Wear cute clothes - I swear by Lululemon and Gap Body. They have the best sweat resistant clothes, and they look super cute too (some of my faves are below).

I know this post was longer than usual, I blame the endorphins. I'm just feeling so energetic and motivated! YES!



1/2/3/4/5/6/7

Post inspired by: The Social T

22 comments:

Stephanie Shepherd said...

I'm loving your energy in this post! Now I wish I would have attended my 5:45am spinning class :) And the color combination of those ASICS are great!

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

Love how excited you are about working out, I wish I was as positive about this subject :) I have recently discovered spinning and am absolutely obsessed. Its the first workout I've ever done that I've actually enjoyed.

viv said...

Love this motivational post! It's such a great feeling to go to the gym and come home feeling all pumped up ;) Will you be my gym buddy?

Catarine Martins said...

Love this motivational spirit.:D
xoxo.
laetitiasweeneyrose.wordpress.com

Ashley {styleash} said...

I so needed this post. I finally joined the gym at work last week and have still not made it down there. That's all changing tomorrow!

Unknown said...

You're so right! Going to the gym right now!

One Stylish Day at a Time said...

Too funny, I posted about the same topic today! Just a few switches to love your body. Guess we are on a health kick? Let's keep it up!

Natalie said...

I'm seriously bookmarking this post so I can refer back to it when I'm feeling unmotivated. Love it!

Tamra {ever swoon} said...

You go girl!!!! lulu is my fav!! love the motivation!!

Laura said...

Great post - feeling motivated now!

Laura :)

Taylor said...

hahaha I love that you started this with an elle woods quote. amazing. love all the healthy tips! and that quote about no one works out and regrets is just the push I need to force myself to stare tracy anderson down this afternoon....
itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com/

Alexa said...

This is funny but my workout buddies are my dog and my baby. We do a hour long up and down walk every day!

kelly said...

great post. I really need to start to get better about making a lunch... Thanks!

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

Ok I def needed this post! The winter blues have hit me somewhat, so I really need to incorporate more of these tips into my life. Thankfully, I have been making it to the gym regularly. :)

XO!

Courtney said...

This post is so motivating! Yes, I know I should use my gym membership more, do I? No. That needs to stop. And the candy bowl..grr causes so many bad choices. But today I am doing surprisingly well, I read your post this morning and think it definitely affected my choices. So, thank you!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for motivating me to work out today!!! I needed this! xoxo elizabeth

Gorgeous Glam said...

Great post, I bring healthy snacks with me in my purse so I don't budge and buy cheetos! xx

Lisa @ Elembee, Etc said...

Definitely need to get back into a more healthy routine — thanks for the motivation!

Patty [PRETTYGROUNDED] said...

Such an inspiring post! I love the work/lunch inspiration - and of course the gear! Id love to see which pieces you like from lulu and gap body! Please share :)

Carly Haslee said...

This is fabulous. Best quote ever. And ya, I don't think I made any money when I worked at lulu. Beyond addicting and incredible pieces. Thanks for keeping me motivated! xo

Unknown said...

too sensible piece of data, I had return to grasp regarding your website from my friend sajid, bangalore,i have browse atleast eleven posts of yours by currently, and let Pine Tree State tell you, your web-page provides the simplest and also the most attention-grabbing info. motivational workout quotes

Unknown said...

converse shoes and
michael kors handbags sale download.
michael kors handbags The
new balance shoes party
dallas cowboys jersey random
omega watches for sale I
armani exchange THESE
cheap jordans The
the north face outlet and
bears jerseys was