Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

guest post: carly from a simple affair

Hello fabulous readers! Carly here from a simple affair.  First and foremost, how great is Julia? Ya I know, so great.  Hence why I was ecstatic and flattered when she asked me to do a post while she frolics around Europe.  I'm so jealous of her trip.

Speaking of Europe, did you know I'm an Irish dancer and that St. Patrick's Day is one of my favorite holidays of all time?  Ya smooth transition, I know.  Anyways, we are one day away from St. Patrick's Day Month (Happy Leap Day by the way! See where my priorities lie?).  Have you gotten your Shamrock Shakes yet?!

Moving on...I hope you all know about those crazy leprechauns and their pots of gold.  If you don't, Wikipedia does a great job of telling you all about those mischievous little guys.  This would be my ideal pot of gold:


Are you with me on the gold train? What would be in your pot of gold?
And per Julia's request, here's an Irish dancing picture...well at least the get up.  I don't have too many action shots.


Get your green and gold ready folks because for this month, you're all Irish whether you like it or not!

Thanks so much for having me today, Julia!


Literally obsessed. How amazing is Carly!? Happy Leap Day everyone! I'll be back tomorrow, and will share tons of photos and stories from my trip. xo

19 comments:

Carly Haslee said...

Thanks so much for having me today pretty lady! I had a blast finding my latest and greatest gold obsessions. Have a fabulous day in Paris! xo

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

Gold accessories are my absolute favorite! And ok, serious question. Is your hair really that tightly curled??

Rachel Marlena said...

Those books are to die for!

Ashley {styleash} said...

Love your gold picks, Carly! Especially the feather tray. And that Irish Dance photo is amazingg!

Landi said...

What an adorable post!! I love St. Pattys day because it always falls on our spring break week which means getting a little too crazy on the beach with tons of green drinks which = green lips and tongues. Oh & fun green bikinis!! :) Safe travels back home, Julia!

Alexa said...

Can't wait to hear about your trip Julia...and Carly, I can't wait for St. Patty's Day!

Michelle said...

Seriously adorable!! And I can wait to hear about your trip Julia!

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

Carly- how cute are you?! I had no idea you were a St. Patrick's day dancer! Too cool. I love anything gold!

One Stylish Day at a Time said...

Seriously chuckled when I read this post! You're so funny! That and you made an entire post about gold things (all of which I need) and justified it with Leprechauns. Dying in laughter.

Anonymous said...

Awww I love her gold picks & she is so cute. Going to go check out her blog!! xoxoox

Anonymous said...

Awww I love her gold picks & she is so cute. Going to go check out her blog!! xoxoox

Natalie said...

Love your picks, Carly! xo

viv said...

You two are the best! I love anything and everything gold! Can't wait for pictures and a serious recap. xox

Unapologetically Mundane said...

Since I stopped being obsessed with them in about 7th grade, I've thought peace signs were about the cheesiest thing in existence.

. . . and then I saw that plate.

Drew {Coral Cafe} said...

adorable photo! That mirror is just so gorgeous!

LifestyleBohemia said...

Awesome selections - I especially love that gold leaf tray! Glad to have discovered both of your blogs!
Hope you're having an awesome week!
xx
Joanna

Julie and Lauren said...

I'm very into chevorn lately-- love that lamp shade!! XO

Unknown said...

You are the best Carly! Thanks for the link love...and I adore Irish dancing, not to mention pretending I'm Irish on the 17th!
xx
Sue

Unknown said...

canada goose outlet
canada goose jackets uk
coach outlet online
moncler uk
ugg sale
birkenstock outlet
red bottom
red bottom heels
christian louboutin sale
cheap rolex watches
zhi20161209