Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

green as a neutral color

I hope you've read the new issue of House Beautiful. If not, go out and buy it right now. Seriously. Okay, you can finish reading, and then go buy it.

It was one of my favorite issues to date. 

I fell in love.

With a neutral color.

Green.

Wait what!? Green as a neutral? Yes. The focus of this issue was on incorporating green into your house and life, and to treat it as a clean color palette. Pretty fitting with St. Patrick's day around the corner. 

After reading and feeling inspired to live a green life (literally and figuratively), my green thumb was hard at work on Pinterest

Here it is on a ceiling. How surprising and stunning?

Such a fun accent wall.

Green dresser. Need one.

Drooling yet? Feeling like you need to run out to the store and grab a can of green paint? 

Me too.

If you're more color conscious, I've put together some items that will slowly incorporate green into your life. My personal fave is the bar cart. I neeeed one.


13 comments:

christin said...

my celings are sort of like that and try as i might i could NOT convince my stripe painting boyfriend to paint the ceiling. what a punk.

green is always one of those colors i forget about and its a shame. i love that chair and the bar cart!

Unknown said...

I was never a huge fan of green but lately I can't get enough of it! Beautiful choices, and kind of obsessed with the green ceiling! So sorry to have missed lunch yesterday, I was a coughing mess! xo

Jess said...

Green is one of my favorite colors, so I love pretty much everything you shared! Especially that cute cart and the mug. Looks like I'll need to take at the latest issue of House Beautiful! What other design magazines do you like?

Taylor said...

oooh a green bar cart would be amazing!!! love the mirror too. and who would think a green ceiling could look that amazing?!
xo
itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com/

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

Loving your roundup of all things green. That bar cart and Society Social chair are my absolute favorites! :)

XO,

Sam
www.ThePeakofTresChic.com

Unknown said...

Green truly is a perfect neutral. I am in love with the green ceiling and wall...gorgeous! I would love for you to link up to my color collective post today, if you would like!... we are definitely in color sync ;) XO brynn

Unknown said...

Ahhh I love this and I'm so flattered you included Design Darling! I have a pair of the topiaries on my desk and they make me happy every time I see them :) xoxo

Lisa @ Elembee, Etc said...

That bar cart is pretty amazing!

Alexa said...

Love that second photo. Am into green today too!

Tamra {ever swoon} said...

Our living room was once green green green, but I've been phasing out of it. Now you are making me miss it, but i'm sticking to my new love of different colored patterns!

Meghan said...

haha, I literally just wrote a post on how green sofas can act as a neutral...love your roundup! My favorites are the fun matches and the mirror :)

Chelsea **A Bit of Sass** said...

Fun post- I love the bar cart! I'm a new follower, hope you stop by my blog:)
xoxo
www.abitofsass.blogspot.com

chenlina said...

chenlina20160621
polo ralph lauren
true religion outlet
jordan shoes
michael kors outlet
pandora outlet
oakley sunglasses
michael kors outlet
air max 90
oakley vault
michael kors outlet
replica watches
cheap toms
christian louboutin outlet
michael kors handbags
kobe 11
celine outlet
ed hardy clothing
instyler max
cartier watches
michael kors
louis vuitton outlet
rolex watches
oakley sunglasses
adidas uk
lebron 13
nfl jerseys wholesale
louis vuitton handbags
michael kors outlet clearance
gucci outlet
michael kors purses
cheap jordan shoes
burberry outlet
coach outlet
louis vuitton outlet stores
hollister clothing
giuseppe zanotti sandals
louis vuitton handbags
louis vuitton outlet
celine bags
air jordan 13
as