Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

summer vegetable salad

This semi heat-wave has me craving fresh veggies and easy recipes. I pinned this pasta salad a few weeks ago, and finally made it.

It. Was. Delicious.

And, it was SUPER easy to make. 

And, if you're not sold yet, it yielded enough for several dinners and lunches.

recipe via

Ingredients
Bowtie Pasta
1 Red Onion
1 Red Pepper
Zucchini (I used two because I love them)
1 bunch of parsley
1 broccoli head (sliced small)
1 Cup of Feta cheese

Vinaigrette
1/4 cup veggie oil
1/4 cup olive oil
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1 Tbsp Oregano
Minced Garlic
Salt
Pepper

1. Cook pasta as directed and let cool
2. Cut up veggies and set aside
3. Combine all vinaigrette ingredients and set aside
4. When pasta is cooled, combine all ingredients and refrigerate for at least an hour for all the flavors to blend together
5. Serve and enjoy :-)

Drooling yet?

18 comments:

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

This sounds like absolute perfection. I need to do it.

Jen said...

I just made something like this on Sunday night, but added some grilled chicken! Loving all the fresh veggies!

Unknown said...

Pasta salad is my favorite spring/summer staple! I make it for the entire week!

Anonymous said...

Yummm, Julia! Looks delicious... May have to make sone this week!

Taylor said...

this looks incredible. pinning immediately!
xo
itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

This looks so good! I need to make this soon.

jes @ twosmuppies said...

this def looks yummy.
will have to make it soon! thanks for posting

xx jes

viv said...

Looks delish!!! When am I coming over for dinner? ;)

ashley nicole catherine said...

looks delicious! thanks for sharing!

enter to win a $100 shopbop gift certificate!

xo.ashley

Caitlin said...

yum. this is going on my menu for next week!

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

Yummmmm! This looks delish. I definitely need to remember this recipe for summer parties.

Alexa said...

Oh my gosh looks so yummy and fresh. Perfect spring dish!

Lara {simply irresistible} said...

I'm absolutely making this pronto. it looks so fresh and I've been having those same cravings for something fresh, light, and yummy!

Taylor said...

Pasta Salad is my jam, I love it!!! I need to make one after seeing this!

Jess said...

This looks so delicious! I definitely need to make this soon. Yum, thanks for sharing.

Lisa @ Elembee, Etc said...

Looks delicious!

Julia Ryan said...

Yumness! This makes me happy for farmers market shopping on Saturdays again. I eat so much better when veggies are in season

Carly Haslee said...

This sounds fabulous! And we're on the same page, as I'm posting a pasta salad recipe tomorrow. I think we have some ideas for what to make on my visit!