Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, March 12, 2012

weekend recap: sweet home chicago


Happy Monday!

I hope all of you had a fantastic weekend. I've been home in Chicago since Thursday, and have been doing all of my favorite things.

I spent the day downtown on Friday meeting with people, and visiting my Dad/Brother at work. Love the "Sears" Tower (I refuse to call it anything else...Willis what?)



Saturday I went out with some of my best girlfriends. I miss them terribly when I'm in NYC. 


Fun fact: I was a figure skater when I was younger. 
Seriously. So when I discovered the Kristi Yamaguchi was going to be at the local bookstore yesterday, I just HAD to go.

She read her new Children's book, and then did some Q&A. My favorite question/answer:

Question: What are your thoughts on practice makes perfect?
Kristi: I think that practice makes pretty good. If it made perfect, we would stop trying. You should always be striving for something better, and always working on your craft.


Carly and I had brunch yesterday. She is as sweet in person, as on her blog. Seriously love her. If it weren't for her coming to my town, I would have never seen that Kristi was coming. Thanks Carly! 

And of course, I was with my little noodle Penny Lane all weekend. She's such a doll. 


And I leave you with possibly the greatest song right now. And the video is the best. 

Selena Gomez + Justin Beiber + Ashley Tisdale = perfection (the Disney kid in me is VERY happy)

11 comments:

Carly Haslee said...

Perfection. SO SO SO GREAT meeting you! Had such a blast. I'm just so sad I missed Kristi. Um, I wrote about this song too today in my post. We were meant to be friends, and we shall listen to it every morning in NYC. You're the best! xo

Caitlin said...

aw I love this! Glad you had such a great weekend. and ugh. The Biebs. I love him.

-Caitlin @ Reverie to Reality

Ashley {styleash} said...

It sounds like you had a great weekend. How awesome is it that you got to meet Kristi?! And I have a sad obsession with that song as well- it's been on repeat for about 2 weeks.

Nicole said...

Oh I LOVE Kristi! I wish I would have known she was coming to Chi-town. How was the book?

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a great weekend in Chicago! That video is perfection.

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

Aw love that you are loving Chicago!!!

Grace (The Stripe) said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I'm glad you had a blast in Chi-town!!

Bonnie said...

I live so close to Chicago, and yet I have never been there. Lame, I know.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Taylor said...

so glad you are having such a great time at home :) and I am with ya, that video just made me very very happy!!!
xo
itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com/

Tamra {ever swoon} said...

Penny Lane is the cutest!! Glad you are having a good time in chi town

Kat said...

Love Kristi's reply to your questions! So very true and motivating!