Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, December 1, 2011

apartment love: my new chair

Ever since Society Social launched, I've been in love. This love affair runs deep, and I have to hold back from buying everything. Seriously. 

I saw this picture in their Manifesto and nearly had to gasp for air. The rug? The chair? the PILLOW?! Omgee. I die.


As soon as Roxy, the genius behind this company, released the #livesparkly pillows - I had to have one. Right now it lives on my couch...but I couldn't help but feel that it was lonely and desperately missing the Marilyn Chair



When I moved into my NYC apartment, I knew I wanted to replace my Ikea armchair. It somehow surived, barely, three college years, and it is on its last leg. Since #livesparkly needed a friend, I knew it had to be Marilyn.

So, after much deliberation, and endless web searching for a chair that even started to live up to the Marilyn, I bought it. AH!

I got a phone call today that it will be arriving Monday and I cannot contain my excitement. It is going to be perfect. Since I don't have a picture of it in my apartment, yet, I thought I'd tease you all with a little image of the colors I chose...are you ready...? 


I know it's small, but I can't give ALL my secrets away. 

Check back next week for a full picture when Marilyn and #livesparkly are reunited. 

8 comments:

Unknown said...

So exciting! Such an AMAZING purchase! They will be very happy together.

viv said...

Oh yay! I loooove that chair! I'm certain they will have a long and happy life together :)
fashiontruffles.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

So exciting! That chair is amazing!

Hannah said...

Can't wait to see the chair and the adorable pillow on it's new home! :) xo

Champagne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget

Alexa said...

Wow. You made such a good call on that purchase! Perfection.

Michelle said...

That's going to look fantastic! I can't wait to see the finished look.

Lesley Rials Napper said...

Very exciting! Can't wait for the pictures!

Kirsten Harr said...

So cool! I can't wait to see more!