Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, December 8, 2011

travel essentials//gift guide

I travel. A lot. At any given time my family of five is all over the world. I think our most spread out was when I was in France, my brother in Iraq, my parents in Chicago and my sister in DC. WOA. Talk about time changes.

As a result of the constant travel, especially during the Christmas season, I've nailed the art of navigating security lines, what NOT to eat before a flight, what to wear on the plane, and what to pack in a carry on. I'm still learning how to pack efficiently...I just find it so hard to pick outfits ahead of time when you have no idea what mood you'll be in. Right?

I've been gone almost every weekend since November, and this is my last weekend in NYC until January. With that in mind, I've put together my travel essentials - which can double as a gift guide. Perfect, right? I will never fly without the items below (except an iPad -- hoping santa brings me one), and I encourage all my traveling readers to stock up on at least one of the items.


  1. iPad (please Santa, please!)
  2. Bose Noise Canceling headphones (for that crying baby in 9A)
  3. Travel Wallet (only need the essentials)
  4. Flats (make security easier)
  5. Comfy socks (for long flights)
  6. Granola Bars (cheaper than airplane food)
  7. Gum (for helping your ears during landing)
  8. Eye Mask (when your neighbor insists on having the light on at night)
  9. Aquaphor (super hydrating lip gloss)
  10. Cashmere Scarf (to keep warm/act like a blanket)
  11. Hand Cream (I never leave home without it)
  12. Colorful Passport Holder (because if you're jetsetting internationally, your passport should be fabulous)
P.S. tomorrow is a super exciting post --- Viv and I are doing a little blog swap - so make sure to check back for all the goodies! xo

13 comments:

viv said...

You and I are just meant to be friends! I basically pack up ALL these things in my carry on... plus about 4 or 5 magazines! Love all the picks :)
fashiontruffles.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

These are the perfect travel essentials. KIND bars are a must and Tory Burch flats are a must!

Sarah said...

These are such great things to take on flights! I always remember to bring a book too.

Alexa said...

So essential. When we traveled a lot...I always had to have comfy warm socks, a good book and a sleeping pill. And I always got a glass of wine on the plane! :)

Carly {a simple affair} said...

Love, love, love! TB flats just make everything easier and complete an outfit. I have been eying that Louis Neverfull for some time now. I think it's a sign I found it here :)

xoxo,
Carly

Jo G - Musings and Delights said...

Noise cancelling headphones are ESSENTIAL!!

Liz - So Much to Smile About said...

This is a great collection! I have a lot of these for travel but need to pick up some more! Just in time for holiday traveling!

alyssa said...

awesome post! i'm obsessed with that LV...so spacious and such a unique shape. kind bars are the best (try coconut and cranberry ones if you havent already!)

so great to find another blogger who loves paris! i move in paris to become an au pair for a year. i'll definitely shoot you an email asap :)

xx
alyssa
http://wereaucourant.blogspot.com

Taylor said...

Perfect Gift Guide!! I have the bag and LOVE it!!!! and all the rest are FAB!

xo-T
curlyinthecity.com

Unknown said...

I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well.. Travel Gifts

John said...

nike air huarache
ugg boots
uggs outlet
burberry outlet
michael kors outlet
louis vuitton handbags
uggs outlet
uggs sale
abercrombie & fitch
louis vuitton outlet
coach outlet
canada goose outlet
air max 90
michael kors outlet
coach factory outlet
nike trainers
louis vuitton backpack
cheap oakleys
ray ban sunglasses
canada goose outlet
canada goose outlet
swarovski jewelry
coach factory outlet
toms shoes
canada goose jackets
cheap jordans
louis vuitton handbags
michael kors outlet
uggs outlet
ugg outlet
20151204yuanyuan

Unknown said...

cheap jordan shoes
skechers go walk
oakley store online
louboutin shoes
skechers shoes
nike huaraches
michael kors purses
ray ban sunglasses
cheap jordans
tiffany and co outlet

Unknown said...

miami heat jersey at
toms shoes at
san francisco 49ers jerseys and
birkenstocks on
moncler jackets found
falcons jersey is
michael kors handbags clearance blog
air max 90 adding
carolina panthers jersey for
nike huarache trainers is