Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, December 15, 2011

way back texas


I dedicate this post to the place where I spent four years, and where I developed an affinity for sweet tea, mexican food, and country music: Texas. I just (hardly -- six months ago), graduated from SMU in May, and this is my first time back. 

I was invited to a very special Christmas party that I couldn't say no to, so it was the perfect excuse to plan a trip to Dallas. It is very surreal for me to think that I haven't been back in so long. It seems like yesterday that I donned this cap and gown, and walked across the stage to receive my diploma. 



Just two weeks after graduation, I packed up all of my stuff and moved to the big apple. 

I'm now 23. 
Living on my own. 
Working my first desk job.

Woa. Woa. Time really does fly. Looking back -- I was terrified. I had no idea what I was doing, or why I chose to move so quickly. I was moving to a big city, with few friends, and many new challenges.  It's so easy to fall in the same patterns and routines, and do what's considered "easy". Of course it would have been easy to stay in Dallas, or move back home to Chicago -- but it wasn't what I wanted. I believe that graduation is a time to really spread your wings (corny -- but true), and you should do something that totally terrifies you. Sure, there are days when it's not easy, and I wish I'd done something different, but I've learned more about myself in the past six months then most people learn in six years. 


I'm looking forward to three days of pretending I'm 21 again, visiting with some of my best friends, dining at my favorite restaurants, and soaking up every minute of the Texas sunshine (praying it's warm)!





I hope you enjoy some of my nostalgic college pictures, and that you have a happy happy Thursday! xo

16 comments:

Bud and Leo said...

Awe, I went to school in TX too (Tech) and now live in DC. Most of my besties are in Dallas now- I LOVE going back to visit them. You're going to have a blast!!!

Unknown said...

So exciting! Have a lovely time!

viv said...

I want to go back to college!!! Have an amazing time in Dallas and come back to us in the Big Apple asap ;) xx
fashiontruffles.blogspot.com

Grace (The Stripe) said...

Cute photos - have the best time!!

Carly {a simple affair} said...

This sounds so wonderful! Enjoy every minute pretending you're 21 again! Congrats on such a wonderful start to being in the real world :)

Hannah said...

Have fun!! I was born and raised in Arkansas, now live in CA so I can totally relate on your love of sweet tea, country music and mexican food...hello where's the queso in other states? P.S. were you in a sorority? I'd know that sorority squat anywhere haha. x

Champagne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget

Hannah said...

SHUT the front door! I was a DG at CSULB!!! Yayyy ITB :)

ashley nicole catherine said...

ahh i miss texas so much! i'm from austin, but have been in chicago for 5 years. can't get decent tex mex here!

natasha {schue love} said...

Wow, I am super impressed that you moved to New York and living on your own! That would just be such a cool adventure!! I hope you enjoy your time back at SMU!! :)

Alexa said...

Such great photos...and congrats on your job! College was so fun, but there are new adventures ahead! :)

Ashley said...

How fun!! Love the old pictures :) The SMU campus is beautiful. Enjoy the trip!

Annemarie said...

Texas is one of my all time favorite places! Looks like it was such a fun place to go to school! xo

Unknown said...

coach outlet
louis vuitton outlet stores
coach outlet clearance
ferragamo shoes
mac cosmetics sale
cheap jordan shoes
football shirts
coach outlet
michael kors outlet
ferragamo shoes sale
ugg uk outlet
ralph lauren uk
true religion uk
coach outlet canada
calvin klein outlet
lacoste shirts
cheap nfl jerseys
longchamp
nike trainers uk
hollister
michael kors outlet clearance
links of london
michael kors outlet
kate spade uk
louboutin pas cher
uggs outlet
michael kors outlet
asics,asics israel,asics shoes,asics running shoes,asics israel,asics gel,asics running,asics gel nimbus,asics gel kayano
air jordan 11
ralph lauren polo
celine outlet online
louis vuitton handbags
louboutin pas cher
tods outlet
fitflops clearance
ugg clearance
beats headphones
0805jianxiang

raybanoutlet001 said...

cheap authentic jordans
adidas nmd runner
skechers outlet
jordan shoes on sale
cheap rolex watches
lacoste outlet
cheap air jordans
fitflops
yeezy boost 350
http://www.raybanglasses.in.net
true religion jeans
adidas stan smith women
adidas tubular x
tiffany jewellery
adidas nmd runner
toms outlet store
nike zoom
nike roshe run
jordan retro
jordans for cheap
michael kors outlet
adidas stan smith
michael kors handbags sale
adidas superstar
tiffany online
nike roshe run
coach outlet online
links of london sale
michael kors purses
huarache shoes
yeezy shoes
links of london
nike huarache

Unknown said...

giants jersey is
adidas nmd r1 Then,
ralph lauren pas cher button
cincinnati bengals jerseys stuffed
cleveland browns jerseys have
ralph lauren outlet online am
houston texans jerseys top
los angeles clippers ARE
pittsburgh steelers jersey party
patriots jerseys for

Unknown said...

michael kors purse
fitflops sale clearance
canada goose outlet
ugg boots sale
true religion jeans outlet
michael kors handbags clearance
louboutin shoes
yeezy shoes
cheap ugg boots
polo ralph lauren
zhi20161209