Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, December 2, 2011

dessert dreams

This weekend my Mom is having her first art show in the suburbs of Chicago! I couldn't be more excited to fly home and support her. She just started painting this year, and is seriously SO talented.

I don't have any pictures yet, but come Monday I will have tons.

So how does this have to do with dessert? Well, she wants me (the family baker) to bake something delicious for the guests coming in town, as well as for her insatiable sweet tooth...and okay, my sweet tooth too.

My first stop for inspiration was from my favorite food blogger, Lara over at Simply Irresistible. She has some of the most mouth watering recipes that all look deeeeelish. You must start reading her blog if you don't already.

First, I'm definitely making her corn bread to go with the chili my mom has planned. looks uh-mazing.


Second, I'm beyond torn for dessert options.

Option 1 (via). 
Peanut Butter Cup Cookies


Option 2 (via). 
Strawberry Shortcake Skewers




Option 3 (via). 
Apple Crisp


Option 4 (via).
Chocolate Chip Cookies w/ Milk



What do you all think? I'm leaning towards the apple crisp, or the strawberry shortcake. Helppp!! 

10 comments:

christin said...

I'd say apple crisp only because strawberries aren't in season.

Unknown said...

How fun! Have a lovely weekend in the windy city :)

viv said...

Congrats to your mom! That's so great!
p.s. did you get my email? :)

Alexa said...

Apple crisp!!! And congrats to your mom! xo

Bravoe Runway said...

Oh WOW! Strawberry Shortcake Skewers? That looks amazing and I love peanut butter cookies as well :)

Unknown said...

Apple crisp looks and sounds very yummy!


KatiesBliss.com

Liora said...

Apple crisp with out a doubt!
By the way, this blog is incredible. I love the layout!

alicia said...

everything looks SO good - the peanut butter cup cookies wow. but I'd say the strawberry shortcake ;)

natasha {schue love} said...

So many good choice! I think the shortcake skewers are super cute and original! :)

Stephanie {a dash of GLAM} said...

Strawberry shortcake skewers are so good and easy to eat! But then again they all look so delicious!