Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, December 19, 2011

weekend recap: dallas edition

Happy Monday!

I hope you all had as fantastic a weekend as I did. I was in Dallas for a very special Christmas party, and I was able to see all my college besties, eat too much good food, and drink too much wine. It was great to get back to a city I fell in love with, and to enjoy warmer temperatures.

I started off by having lunch with my old co-worker from the Bush Center, and was able to see all the construction progress since I left -- wow! I was the marketing intern during my Senior year, and I'm in awe of all the progress. Such a joy to watch the center be built from the ground up.

Here is a picture of the hard hats that you have to wear when walking on the grounds. Fun Fact: my grandpa was CEO of the company that made them! Small world.



Friday night I ate at Tillman's (as discussed on Friday's post), and it was heavenly. I had truffled goat cheese tater tots (yes, they exist), and their burger. I'm still drooling over it. The decor was jazzed up a bit with Christmas ornaments - so pretty!







Saturday, I had lunch with my bestie and former boss, Emily. We ate at our favorite place - Coal Vines, where apparently Khloe and Lamar had recently dined at. Damn, we missed them. We enjoyed too much wine, and caught up. It was so great to see her. I miss her. Sigh.

After an afternoon of shopping at North Park -- which was NUTS, I put on my best for a special Christmas Tea at a very special location (with Godiva Truffles in hand). The hosts gave us special Cornbread mix and jam from Crawford, Texas -- can't wait to make this over Christmas!



I ended the weekend with my girlfriends at a Wine Bar in the West Village. We each had a flight of wine (and then some), and some of the best fondue ever.






As you can see, my weekend revolved around seeing best friends, indulging in Texas cuisines, and drinking too much wine -- all things that I love in this world.

How did you all spend your weekend? I leave you with some of the most insane Christmas lights I've ever seen.








This is all the same house in Dallas. Can you believe it?? It's all synched to music, too.

11 comments:

Carly {a simple affair} said...

This looks likes it was an incredible weekend! Nothing I love more than good friends, good eats, and good wine. I think I started drooling at the picture of the fondue. Glad you had such a great time! I was wrapping and crafting still--oh the joys of finally being home from winter break.

xoxo,

Carly

Unknown said...

Looks like you had such a lovely weekend + that house is insanely awesome!

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

what a fun weekend! I love Dallas, and North Park is def one of my favorite malls of all time. Too bad you missed Khloe and Lamar! :)

XO,

Sam
www.ThePeakofTresChic.com

viv said...

Looks like you had a blast... but I'm glad you're back!!! See you on gchat ;) xx
fashiontruffles.blogspot.com

Alessandra said...

That's my boss' house! Glad you had a great weekend in Dallas and that the weather was LOVELY for you!

Unknown said...

That cheese fondue looks absolutely heavenly!!!!!!!

Hannah said...

Looks like you had so much fun!!! I am freaking out over those goat cheese tater tots I need to find a recipe asap! Haha. PS I sent you an email ab blog swapping! xo

Tamra {ever swoon} said...

SO jeal you were in the Big D!! Glad you had a great time. I can't wait to go back to texas.

Liz - So Much to Smile About said...

Sounds like an amazing weekend! That house is UNREAL! SO wish I could see something like this in person! Thanks for sharing the fun photos!

(Eileen) a creative day said...

This post makes me so HUNGRY!!!! yum!

eileen
www.acreativedayblog.com

Unknown said...

supra shoes or
pandora outlet linky
michael kors outlet share
san antonio spurs jerseys it
oakley sunglasses Every
armani exchange outlet stationery
michael kors handbags been
fitflops sale clearance ARE
reebok shoes linky
miami heat on