Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

apartment help: wall art

If you live in NYC, there is a large chance that your walls are all white, and you have some super complicated lease that bans you from changing them.

Blah blah blah.

Okay, I'm over it. Sort of. I just moved here in May, and I'm still decorating my place. It's an on-going process, and thanks to Alex over at Things That Sparkle, my place is almost finished (she's a genius, seriously).

The one thing that I haven't finalized is a piece of art to go over my stark white TV wall. Below are some of my most recent pins, and I'm obsessed with them all - if not for my TV wall, then for somewhere else. I mean, can you look at these and not drool?! *Swoon*.

Which are your favorite?



Option 3.

Source: etsy.com via Julia on Pinterest


Option 4.


Option 5. (unknown -- help me find it?!)


Option 6.


16 comments:

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

Ok totally obsessed and in love with ALL of them. Need.

Sara said...

I love option #1!

Kirsten Harr said...

I love them all..I especially love the ones that are vibrant! Those would definitely help bring color to stark white walls. I think option 2 is my favorite--very unique!

Mae B said...

I've been on a quest for wall art too! I love all of your options! great picks, but I think # 3 is my favorite. so unique and rustic
thanks for stopping by today!
xx

Liv said...

I really love option 2, but they're all great. I recently moved into a new apartment and painted all the walls white by choice... and it's kind of freaking me out. My walls definitely could use some dressing up!

http://idlefascination.blogspot.com/

Grace (The Stripe) said...

Oh gosh, I love them all! I think the first one is my favorite..

Julia - the Urban Slant said...

Thanks for all the great suggestions -- I'm still so torn between all of them. I wish money wasn't an issue nor space.

Sarah Roads said...

Every single one! I don't even know that I could choose. Art is my weakness and I think we must have a very similar aesthetic. Great choices!
I have a new blog I would be honored if you would visit. xo

Michelle said...

Hmmm.... totally digging one and four. ANND just found your blog and it is cuuuute. Following :)

Lesley Rials Napper said...

A lot of great options- I kind of love the antlers but also love option 4!

Alexa said...

Love all of them. Such great and colorful artwork!

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Renting can be such a bitch when they say you can't paint walls. URGH! Love your colourful art picks here. Maybe prop them up on the top of a sidebaord instead of hanging them if you are not allowed?!

Julia - the Urban Slant said...

omg. GREAT idea Will. I need to figure this out ASAP. Thank you everyone for your amazing suggestions -- I'll circle back when I have something picked out!

Jo G - Musings and Delights said...

Just so you know, I am stealing your art ideas...beautiful!!

http://musingsanddelights.blogspot.com/

Merritt said...

LOVE options 2, 4, and 6 - so colorful and unique!

xo, Merritt

Manolos and Martinis

Kat said...

I love option 2. I wanted to stare at it. Very interesting. I also really like the antlers! I hope the men in the family can get me a pair this season!