Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, November 18, 2011

unexpected gorgeous-ness

I've been looking to my Pinterest boards lately for inspiration. My apartment is almost completed (thanks to Alex) and I'm just looking for ways to add an unexpected "Oh!" moment when people walk in.

It is very easy to fall into a cookie cutter mold when decorating, and I've tried to stray from that. Granted, my budget isn't the best for everything that I want to do, but thanks to Pinterest, a girl can dream. 

Soooo, because Friday is the most amazing day of the week, I leave you with some of my favorite "drool-worthy", "what?!", "oh! that is perfect!" moments in various homes.

I just love everything about this room. So bright. So gold. So major.



I have ghost chairs around my dining table and I LOVE how they change the mood of a room.


How amazing would it be to walk into a house and see THESE stairs?! Omg.


I absolutely adore the base of this coffee table. Need. Now.


Alex designed this bathroom, and since seeing the finished product, I want every bathroom to have a wall like this. Seriously.


Such an unexpected use of an old trunk. And more ghost chairs. Love.


THE FLOOR!? Omg. Insane. Amazing.


I leave you with a touch of pink and sparkle. Such a girly room -- and TOTALLY unexpected wall treatment.


Also, I want to wish my wonderful Mama a happy happy birthday!! I won't reveal her age, but she doesn't look a day over 30 :-) See you next week (with presents)!

Happy Friday Everyone! xo

12 comments:

Charlotte Beckwith said...

I officially need a disco-ball staircase now, love it - Happy Friday!

Shanelé said...

ahh we share very similar taste!! Love all of these but the coffee table and trunk/bar...too much. Need like..yesterday.

Hope you have a good weekend!

xo
http://shanelesheek.blogspot.com/

Lara {simply irresistible} said...

Thanks for sharing all of these gorgeous pictures! Serious inspiration here.

Unknown said...

Happy Friday! These photos are awesome!

{madison} said...

Love those chairs! We have them in our office. They are amazing. Too bad they are so expensive...see you soon:)xo

Grace (The Stripe) said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous choices! Looks like we have very similar taste!

Jackie said...

Those stairs! And that wall treatment on the last one is INSANE! i love it. PS-you have space for a dining table? In NYC? Lucky girl!

natasha {schue love} said...

There is a TON to love here! You're so lucky to have Alex's help on your place...can't wait to see it!

alicia said...

dying over these rooms! gorgeous.

Kirsten Harr said...

Wow..I like all of those. So many ideas :). Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Chic Coles said...

That glittering stairway is amazing as is that bathroom floor. Have a great weekend.

Stephanie {a dash of GLAM} said...

Those stairs are AMAZING!!!