Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, November 14, 2011

weekend recap

I fell in love with New York...again.

This was one of those picture perfect, "You've Got Mail", "Sex and the City", "Friends", "Insert perfect NYC moment movie/TV show" weekends. The fall is in its prime, with the leaves in brights hues of yellow and red. It was perfection

Work has been a bit nuts lately, so I collapsed on my couch with my DVR on Friday. But Saturday I made up for being lazy, and my friend Dani and I walked all over the city (over 6 miles!) and enjoyed the following...

A walk through beautiful Central Park. Seriously. So stunning. My happy place. A beautiful scenery while gossiping with your bestie. 




We then stopped at Lansky's. And they gave us amazing, out-of-the-oven banana bread. SO major.


After walking around the UWS, we stopped by Levain Bakery for ooey-gooey chocolate chip cookies. I'm still drooling over these. Perfectly dough-y on the inside. How do they do it?! 




I, of course, had to stop by Jonathan Adler (my obsession) and pick up a few gifts for upcoming birthday's. I won't share the gifts in case people are reading, but I did pick up this candle, and my apartment now smells like Christmas. So so so so so cheery. 


To end my jam-packed, yet relaxing, weekend, I met up with fellow NYC bloggers at "Blogger Blitz: New York". It was my first blogger event, and it was so refreshing to meet real, down-to-earth people who enjoy blogging as much as I do. Thank you {av}! I encourage all my fellow bloggers in the following cities to go to their nearest Blitz! Thank you Jaclyn for the picture!







I hope you all had as lovely a weekend as me!



15 comments:

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

This sounds absolutely perfect!!! I need that chocolate chip cook and that candle! ASAP.

Michelle said...

Holy crap! That cookie looks AMAZING!!

It was so great to meet you!!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend! That cookie looks amazing!

Grace (The Stripe) said...

What gorgeous photos - you've made me want to go for a nice long walk through Central Park, now! Loved meeting you last night!!

Jaclyn Helminiak said...

No prob, girl! Great to meet you too. Looking forward to following along :)

xo
Jaclyn
A Day in the Life and Mind...

the taupe said...

What a beautiful weekend. I would love to be in NY at this time of year. Brussels has passed its most beautiful period - it's turned into freezing-burning-freezing fingers and toes time xx

Michelle said...

Your pics of Central Park are beautiful! My brother lives in New York too, and he's sent me a lot of amazing Central Park pictures lately.

Tamra {ever swoon} said...

SO great meeting you darlin!! Let's definitely meet up for drinks soon.

xo

Kate said...

I love central park :) and this blogger event looks awesome! I wish there was something like this by me!

Shanelé said...

I HAVE to get up to central park. Beautiful doesn't even begin to describe. And while I do that I might as well get one of those COOKIES omg. So nice meeting you last night!! Let's stay in touch for sure and try to meet up soon!!

xoxo
http://shanelesheek.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

my mouth just watered wow!

great meeting you at the blogger blitz btw

www.lifeisjustrosie.com

Mae B said...

Your photos are gorgeous! those Fall leaves!
xx

Danielle Moss said...

Cannot wait to see those leaves TOMORROW.

Annnnnd....cannot wait to see YOU tomorrow!

natasha {schue love} said...

That banana bread and cookie looks sooo good! I'm drooling! And I LOVE your new layout...Danielle did a great job! :)

DKN Digital said...

Such a maj day <3 your pics look like a movie!